Below is an invitation to another research opportunity that I will mention in class. To earn the extra credit you must print (or take a screen shot of) the opening page of the survey and submit it to me.
We are asking for your participation in an online study about your financial attitudes, knowledge and access to financial counseling. To participate, you need to meet ALL of the following criteria:
- You need to be at least 19 years of age.
- You need to be enrolled as a student at the University of Alabama.
Participation will take place through an online survey taking approximately 10-15 minutes.
You may complete the survey by following this link: https://universityofalabama.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_ernHSNEOP9rflWd
If you have questions or are interested in learning more about this study, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch this video (approximately 20 Minutes) and write a 2-paragraph paper on it. In Paragraph 1, summarize some of the main highlights of the video. In Paragraph 2, write some of your own thoughts (e.g., what surprised you, what are the implications, what should we do, etc.)
Imagine you are married or in a long-term relationship (if you already are then you don’t have to imagine :-). Answer the following questions according to what you think would be ideal for that relationship. You can use husband/wife, me/my partner, or whatever you prefer to refer to the individuals in the marriage. If you never plan on being in a long-term relationship then create a hypothetical one.
1) Who cooks?
2) Who cleans?
3) Who does yard work?
4) Where to spend holidays like Christmas?
5) Where to live (near family or near good jobs)?
6) How should kids be disciplined and who should be the disciplinarian?
7) Who should be breadwinner?
8) Who should stay home with kids or should kids be in daycare?
9) How often should in-laws visit?
10) Should couples have a joint bank account or separate?
11) What if 1 person makes more money should the other have to do something extra to balance that out (e.g., chores, 2nd job, etc.)?
12) Should kids be sent to public or private schools?
13) How often should couples be intimate (e.g., go on dates, have sex)?
14) How often should each person go out with friends?
15) Are there any “unforgiveable” acts/events that a relationship can’t recover from (e.g., cheating, gambling, lies, abuse, illness like depression, alcoholism, diabetes)?
16) Should couples tell each other everything?
17) Should things like email and texts be private for each person?
18) Should individuals in relationships work on changing or trying to stay the same?
19) Is anyone or anything else more important than each other (e.g., kids, career)?
20) Should each person get the other’s permission for every purchase?
Recently a mom made headlines across the globe when she wrote that having children (pictured below) was the “biggest regret of her life”. She said “I resented the time my children consumed. Like parasites, they took from me and didn’t give back”. Read her story (LINK) and write a 1-2 paragraph response either agreeing or disagreeing with her view.
Watch this video (approximately 20 Minutes) and write a 2-paragraph paper on it. In Paragraph 1, summarize some of the main highlights of the video. In Paragraph 2, write some of your own thoughts (e.g., what surprised you, what are the implications, what makes you skeptical, etc.)